2010年3月17日 星期三

The Great Wall of China



Today I’m going to introduce you one of the masterpieces of the world: the Great Wall. The day I went was not so perfect as I thought because the weather was very cold and had heave mist which made me can’t see the scenery clearly but I can surely see the magnificent.





I didn’t climb the whole Great Wall actually because of my bad physical strength. As a result, my friend and I decided to take the cable car to the top. Although the cable car was so high that we were all afraid of the high, we still stared at the astonished scenery we saw. On the cable car, we could see very far away about the area that the long Great Wall was around.

After we were on the top, we started to take pictures and walk to the nearest blockhouse. Wow, I had to say that it was really difficult to climb because the incline was too steep to stand on it.




As we went to there in winter, the temperature was really cold and the wind was like the knife cutting your face. Even though the weather was cold enough, we still enjoyed in what we saw like observe other visitors from different countries. They were really interesting that they really admired the masterpiece and listened to the tour guide carefully. Moreover, I had asked one young foreigner, and he said that he did want to climb the whole Great Wall by himself and enjoy the scenery along the way. Actually, I really admired them because they were not Chinese but they know to respect the ancient place.



In fact, I was very touched when I stepped on the Great Wall. I thought that “Wow, it was made thousand years ago and in that time how could people make such a huge and magnificent building. The stone was so heavy that why they could move it from the foot of the mountain? I can’t imagine that the period why they construct it. Because our ancients took so many efforts with sweat and blood that we could admire the masterwork.”

In my opinion, I thing the Beijing government had did the effort to maintain the ancient place and try to promote it. They not only built two cable cars, but also a museum about the history of the Great Wall. It’s a good way to spread Chinese culture and tourism at the same time. If you have the time to visit Beijing, you mustn’t miss the Great Wall, the proud of us.

1 則留言:

  1. WOOOO, the first place is the Great Wall. You had very detailed description with nice picture, which impressed me a lot.

    回覆刪除